Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Turnover Test quarterly or monthly?

Initiate

Views 445

Replies 1

I was eligible and enrolled for the period 1/4/20 to 30/06/2020 .My turnover for  that period met the test i.e more than 30% decline.

For July 20 it was down about 8% compared to July 19.

For Aug 20 it appears it will be down about 17% compared to Aug 19.

For Sep  20 it is projected to be about the same as to Sep 20.

Does that mean I am no longer eligible to claim for qtr 1/7/20 to 30/09/20or eany of teh individual moths or am I eligible based on the fact I was eligible and passed Turnover test for 1/4/20 to 30/06/2020

The highlighted italicised section in the answer in  the guide below is very confusing 

Turnover

Question: Can businesses qualify for JobKeeper payments after April, for example, if my business experiences a downturn in the future?

Answer: Yes. If you do not satisfy the turnover test for the current month or quarter, you can still assess your eligibility at a later date. To qualify later, the turnover month can be May, June, July, August or September 2020, provided the fortnight you are qualifying for has ended that month or an earlier month. If the turnover for a quarter is being used, it can be the quarter:

• from 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2020
  • from 1 July 2020 to 30 September 2020, but only if first seeking to qualify for fortnights ending in July 2020 or later.

Once you satisfy the decline in turnover test, you do not need to retest again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

The highlighted sentence at the end of your post is your answer. Once qualified, you don't need to re test (i.e. you remain qualified)

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

The highlighted sentence at the end of your post is your answer. Once qualified, you don't need to re test (i.e. you remain qualified)