Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Two Casual jobs

Views 651

Replies 3

Hi,
I have two casual jobs, one of which is eligible for job keeper, one is not.
My first job tax is with the one that is not eligible, whereas the one that is is my second job tax.
I have been told that due to this, I can not claim the job keeper with my second casual job, although I depend on both incomes and have lost a lot of work from this employer
So due to it being my second job for tax purposes, does this mean I’m not eligible
Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

If you have two long-term casual jobs and you and your employers are both eligible, you should be able to choose who you claim through. 

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 2

If you have two long-term casual jobs and you and your employers are both eligible, you should be able to choose who you claim through. 

Replies 1

Only one workplace is eligible - therefore I’m asking am I still eligible due to having another job that claims my tax - free threshold

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @ShayleeSpooner

Thanks for getting back to us and for your patience.

It doesn't matter who you claim the tax-free threshold with. While the Treasury's JobKeeper Payment fact sheets made mention of claiming the tax-free threshold with your primary employer, now that the JobKeeper Payment is law it is no longer relevant.

This means that you can agree to be nominated by the casual employer that you don't claim the tax-free threshold with.

Good luck with everything.

Thanks, ChrisR