Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Re: Two Employers

Views 128

Replies 4

I am working for 2 employers on the same salary $2500 fortlighly. Employment status is below:

Job 1 - Permanent

Job 2 - 6 months contract

Q1 - Am I Eligilble to work for 2 emplopyer ? Both are aware about it

Q1 - How much tax will be deducted fornightly

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hiya @Mukti,

@MS is right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with working two jobs at the same time. There are more things that change your withholding amount than just your income. There is a calculator available on our website, that will run through a series of questions and tell you how much each employer should be withholding from your weekly pay. If you run through the calculator twice, once with the tax free threshhold and once without it should tell you how much will be withheld in a fortnight. I will post the link below.

Simple Tax Calculator.

4 REPLIES 4

Devotee

Replies 2

Q1. Yes.

Q2. Nominate permanent employer to claim tax free threshold on each pay. The 6 month contract employer does not claim tax free threshold.

Replies 1

one more question, if i can work as per given schdule. both jobs are working from home, so i have plenty of free time to do my second job:

Job 1 - working hours are 8 am to 4 pm - Monday to Friday

Job 2 - working hours - 10 am to 6 pm - Wednesday to Friday

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Mukti,

You can work whatever hours work for you it doesn't effect your tax.

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hiya @Mukti,

@MS is right. There is absolutely nothing wrong with working two jobs at the same time. There are more things that change your withholding amount than just your income. There is a calculator available on our website, that will run through a series of questions and tell you how much each employer should be withholding from your weekly pay. If you run through the calculator twice, once with the tax free threshhold and once without it should tell you how much will be withheld in a fortnight. I will post the link below.

Simple Tax Calculator.