ATO Community

Re: Unfai cash flow boost eligibility

I'm new

Views 538

Replies 3

I think the eligibilty to receive cash flow boost is so unfair and is discriminatory to new businesses.
Just because a busines that was registered in November 2019 and started trading in February 2020 did not ladge a 2019 tax return they are not eligible for anything. But a business that did lodge a return and ceased trading in the 2019 to 2020 tax year will still receive the boost. So unfair and detrimental to all new busineses
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Pinky250,

I can understand how you may be feeling at this time however, have you reviewed our Eligibility companion guide?

I don't know all of your businesses circumstances but it states in the last box under Criteria 1 - Business Size / Discretion available:
In the following circumstances, you can provide information to demonstrate you meet the size criteria, if either:
•you’re a new business and haven’t previously lodged an income tax return because your business started on or after 1 July 2019

I would highly consider contacting us and so we can complete an eligibility check and provide you with the information on how to obtain that discretion.

All the best!

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Pinky250,

I can understand how you may be feeling at this time however, have you reviewed our Eligibility companion guide?

I don't know all of your businesses circumstances but it states in the last box under Criteria 1 - Business Size / Discretion available:
In the following circumstances, you can provide information to demonstrate you meet the size criteria, if either:
•you’re a new business and haven’t previously lodged an income tax return because your business started on or after 1 July 2019

I would highly consider contacting us and so we can complete an eligibility check and provide you with the information on how to obtain that discretion.

All the best!

Enthusiast

Replies 1

Agree @Pinky250

You are not the only one to be impacted by this discrimination.

You may like to check this out:

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi All

This is an actual one to sign(they dont accept change.org)

Parliment is reviewing this, 

You can sign this to help as many new businesses are being excluded just based on their GST reporting cycle https://www.aph.gov.au/petition_list?id=EN1699