Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Unpaid Parental Leave

Highlighted

Views 199

Replies 1

I have used all my paid parental leave and have been on unpaid parental leave for the last 12 months.

I do not intend returning to work until 2022.  Am I elgiible to Job Keeper even though I was content to take unpaid leave and I have no intention of returnig to work until 2022.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

If you are on long term leave you could apply but your employer can ask you to come to work for that payment which is fair. The payment is designed to support those impacted by COViD-19. If you were prepared to take unpaid leave it is not designed for you to receive the payment and not work as you have not been disadvantaged.
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

If you are on long term leave you could apply but your employer can ask you to come to work for that payment which is fair. The payment is designed to support those impacted by COViD-19. If you were prepared to take unpaid leave it is not designed for you to receive the payment and not work as you have not been disadvantaged.