Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

Re: Who is the primary employer for 2 casual jobs - jobkeeper

Highlighted

Views 107

Replies 1

Hi,

I have 2 casual jobs, both of which are long term. Job A is going well. I still have all my shifts for Job A and it contributes primarily to my income but it is not eligible for the jobkeeper scheme. However, Job B is eligible for the jobkeeper scheme but it is not my primary source of income. I have been stood down for Job B. Will I still be eligible for the jobkeeper scheme for Job B?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Good morning @ncmy15 

Thanks for contacting us!

Yes, you can receive JobKeeper from job B as long as you are eligible and maintain your employment (including being stood down) with your JobKeeper-eligible employer. See below different scenarios on our website on employees with multiple jobs.

You can only receive the payment from one employer. Here are some different scenarios:

1. Long-term casual and permanent job: In this situation, you can’t be nominated by your casual employer, you must choose your permanent employer. If you’re permanent employer isn’t eligible to claim the payment, you won’t be eligible either.
  2. Fixed-term contract and long-term casual: if you're a fixed term contractor at 1 March and also a long-term casual, you can only choose to nominate through your fixed-term contract employer, not your casual employer. If the fixed-term contract is renewed before 27 September 2020, you will continue to be eligible for JobKeeper Payment under that employer. If you fixed-term contract isn’t renewed before 27 September 2020, you will likely cease being eligible for the JobKeeper Payment.
  3. Two long-term casual jobs or two permanent jobs: If you receive nominations from both employers, you can choose the one you want to get the payment from.

See this thread: JobKeeper – Multiple employers

Have a great day.

AngelaG

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Good morning @ncmy15 

Thanks for contacting us!

Yes, you can receive JobKeeper from job B as long as you are eligible and maintain your employment (including being stood down) with your JobKeeper-eligible employer. See below different scenarios on our website on employees with multiple jobs.

You can only receive the payment from one employer. Here are some different scenarios:

1. Long-term casual and permanent job: In this situation, you can’t be nominated by your casual employer, you must choose your permanent employer. If you’re permanent employer isn’t eligible to claim the payment, you won’t be eligible either.
  2. Fixed-term contract and long-term casual: if you're a fixed term contractor at 1 March and also a long-term casual, you can only choose to nominate through your fixed-term contract employer, not your casual employer. If the fixed-term contract is renewed before 27 September 2020, you will continue to be eligible for JobKeeper Payment under that employer. If you fixed-term contract isn’t renewed before 27 September 2020, you will likely cease being eligible for the JobKeeper Payment.
  3. Two long-term casual jobs or two permanent jobs: If you receive nominations from both employers, you can choose the one you want to get the payment from.

See this thread: JobKeeper – Multiple employers

Have a great day.

AngelaG