Announcements
If you haven't been able to get your JobKeeper enrolment in, no need to worry. You can call us until 5 June and we can help you get it submitted.

ATO Community

Will I receive the Job Keeper Payment

Highlighted

Views 405

Replies 1

This time last year I was a full-time worker in my second last month before leaving the company to have a baby and I was also doing a small amount of work as a Sole Trader. I had my baby at the beginning of June and started back doing my Sole Trader work in October in a bigger capacity supplying marketing and graphic design services to hotels and the hospitality industry. When Covid-19 hit I was providing services to one big hotel however received and email saying that any creative work was now on hold so they wouldn’t be needing my services. I have now lost all of my income. They were due to pay a whole lot of invoices in February but could t pay them and ended up paying them all as one a couple of weeks ago so if I compare that amount to March last year it looks like it has increased - but the payments were due in Feb. I have absolutely no income now due to this and as it’s the hospitality sector it will be awhile before I can get any more work. Will I be able to get the payments if I can show the invoices and email saying that work for the hotel is on hold?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Good afternoon @sarahjwatson 

Thank you for contacting ATO Community regarding the JobKeeper payment. I understand there is a lot of information around at the moment and understand it can be confusing.

We are working off the current likely eligibility criteria at this time and the Employer factsheet states “Employers will be eligible for the subsidy if, their business has a turnover of less than $1 billion and their turnover will be reduced by more than 30 per cent relative to a comparable period a year ago (of at least a month)”.

The Job Keeper payment is being discussed in Parliament still and could undergo changes before it becomes law. As soon as it passes we will be keeping our Job Keeper news article up to date to assist you.

Have you looked in to JobSeeker Payments or the early release of super?

In the meantime, Treasury has published some information on their website and JobKeeper information page.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to answer your question directly but hopefully once the legislation becomes law it will be a lot clearer.

Kind Regards,

AngelaG

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Good afternoon @sarahjwatson 

Thank you for contacting ATO Community regarding the JobKeeper payment. I understand there is a lot of information around at the moment and understand it can be confusing.

We are working off the current likely eligibility criteria at this time and the Employer factsheet states “Employers will be eligible for the subsidy if, their business has a turnover of less than $1 billion and their turnover will be reduced by more than 30 per cent relative to a comparable period a year ago (of at least a month)”.

The Job Keeper payment is being discussed in Parliament still and could undergo changes before it becomes law. As soon as it passes we will be keeping our Job Keeper news article up to date to assist you.

Have you looked in to JobSeeker Payments or the early release of super?

In the meantime, Treasury has published some information on their website and JobKeeper information page.

I'm sorry I haven't been able to answer your question directly but hopefully once the legislation becomes law it will be a lot clearer.

Kind Regards,

AngelaG