Announcements
The JobKeeper Payment scheme finished on 28 March 2021. Find out what this means for your business.

ATO Community

Re: Will a casual worker receive the JobKeeper payment over Jury Service?

I'm new

Views 831

Replies 2

As a casual worker receiving the Jobkeeper payment, will I receive the JobKeeper payment if I participate in Jury Service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

You should received JK payment during your time on jury service. 

You will be off work on unpaid leave and the Fair Work website specifically says that you must continue to receive JK payments while on unpaid leave. It might be worth chatting to your employer before you go on jury service, so that they know that this time is classed as unpaid leave during which they continue to claim JK and pay you jk as usual according to the Fair Work Website

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

You should received JK payment during your time on jury service. 

You will be off work on unpaid leave and the Fair Work website specifically says that you must continue to receive JK payments while on unpaid leave. It might be worth chatting to your employer before you go on jury service, so that they know that this time is classed as unpaid leave during which they continue to claim JK and pay you jk as usual according to the Fair Work Website

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Emma000

If you're an eligible employee and your employer has nominated for JobKeeper scheme, if you're on paid or unpaid leave they are required to pay you a minimum of $1,500 per fortnight before tax.  

On the Fair Work website, it states that annual leave accumulates when an employee is on:

• paid leave such as paid annual leave and paid sick and carer's leave
  • community service leave including jury duty
  • long service leave.

Further information can be found on taking leave while on the JobKeeper scheme.

Hope this helps!