Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: Will job keeper eligibility change ?

Views 936

Replies 6

I understand that March 1 2020 is the date you must have been employed for at least 12 months (I'm a casual employee). However, I began May 2019, so i missed out by 2 months, but technically now I have been a casual employee for over a year (as of July 2020). I also satisfy all other criteria for jobkeeper. 

Due to the stricter restrctions and lockdowns being imposed, will the government make any changes to the eligbility of jobkeeper ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 1

Hi @alessandrarando,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We are currently not aware of any changes to the long-term casual employee requirement. If the government does make any changes to this, we will update our website accordingly.

At this current point, you have to be a long-term casual employee (for at least 12 months) as at 1 March 2020 to receive the JobKeeper payment. For more information about the eligible employee requirements, have a look at our website.

All the best.

6 REPLIES 6

Devotee

Replies 1

Changes, if any, to eligibility will be announced by Treasurer on July 23rd, so no one will have the answer till then

Replies 0

Thank you!!

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 1

Hi @alessandrarando,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We are currently not aware of any changes to the long-term casual employee requirement. If the government does make any changes to this, we will update our website accordingly.

At this current point, you have to be a long-term casual employee (for at least 12 months) as at 1 March 2020 to receive the JobKeeper payment. For more information about the eligible employee requirements, have a look at our website.

All the best.

Replies 0

This is very helpful. Thank you very much 

Devotee

Replies 1

You still don't meet the requirements, as the current requirement is still you need to have been employed 12 months by 1 March 2020. That has remained unchanged. You can sign up via the ATO for any updates regarding JK (go to their website) and you should be notified directly if things change.

Replies 0

Thank you! It was very helpful, I'll definitely sign up for updates now.