ATO Community

Re: Working hours reduced by 20% from March to May. Can I still apply for Early Release of Super no

Views 460

Replies 1

My working hours was reduced by more than 20% from 23 March to 31 May. But  I go back to normal full time work from 1 June till now.

Can I still apply for Early Release of Super now?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Monty6

Thank you for reaching out to us. It does not stipulate what working hours are reduced, just that there has been a 20% reduction in working hours. The website advises 'On or after 1 January 2020, either

you were made redundant
    your working hours were reduced by 20% or more
    if you were a sole trader, your business was suspended or there was a reduction in your turnover of 20% or more.'

If you meet the criteria you can apply. It is up to the individual to self assess. We also have an update page in relation to compliance and integrity for early access to your super. You can use the links provided for further information.

Hope this helps.

AmandaCW

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Monty6

Thank you for reaching out to us. It does not stipulate what working hours are reduced, just that there has been a 20% reduction in working hours. The website advises 'On or after 1 January 2020, either

you were made redundant
    your working hours were reduced by 20% or more
    if you were a sole trader, your business was suspended or there was a reduction in your turnover of 20% or more.'

If you meet the criteria you can apply. It is up to the individual to self assess. We also have an update page in relation to compliance and integrity for early access to your super. You can use the links provided for further information.

Hope this helps.

AmandaCW