Announcements
On 21 July the government announced proposed changes to the JobKeeper program. These changes don’t affect Jobkeeper payments until after 28 September 2020.

ATO Community

Re: Wrong super annuation account name

Highlighted

Views 463

Replies 8

Hi,
I lodged application for early super release due to covid-19. I have two super accounts. Ome account has funds and one account is empty. My application got approved but the super account name is wrong. The super account in which there are funds available is not listed in the outcome letter but the other super account is listed and it has no funds in it. What shoukd i do now. I am a temporary resident.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Alihashmi43,

At this point your best course of action would be to contact both Super funds; The fund that is listed to let them know that they shouldn't go ahead with the process, and more importantly the fund that isn't listed so that you can inform them that you were deemed eligible by the ATO so they can manually release the money to you.

I hope this clarifies things.

Stay safe.

Josh

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Alihashmi43,

At this point your best course of action would be to contact both Super funds; The fund that is listed to let them know that they shouldn't go ahead with the process, and more importantly the fund that isn't listed so that you can inform them that you were deemed eligible by the ATO so they can manually release the money to you.

I hope this clarifies things.

Stay safe.

Josh

Highlighted

Replies 0

Hi josh the same thing happened to me, the super fund that has the funds has told me I need to get the approval letter re-issued.
How do I go about that?
Highlighted

Replies 0

Hi Josh,

My super fund said they can not manually release my early release unless I have the letter re-instated with their details.  How can I get this done?

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 4

I am in the same boat, i have 2 super accounts which both had funds in them according to the ATO. Forgetting that I had applied to roll over funds to one fund, i selected the fund that had been cancelled. Please let me know how you went about fixing this Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Replies 0

Super fund said they couldn’t do it.
Ato says they can
It’s really frustrating
Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @akirk and @Ann123321

Thanks for joining the conversation and for your patience.

Hopefully you have now resolved this issue. If you haven't, we suggest that you phone us to see if there is anything we can do.

Good luck with everything.

Thanks, ChrisR

Highlighted

Initiate

Replies 1

Hi Chris,
Just patiently playing the waiting game. I requested for an amendment to be made on my application a couple of weeks ago so fingers crossed I get news soon.

Replies 0

I talked to them recently and received the same old silly response to wait. I escalated the query on 22 april but the lady over the phone told me that it is still unallocated. Waiting for the last 25 days they are saying that it is still not picked by any ATO member. I think that they do not care about our super funds our owm money of hardwork and not willing to solve the issue. They are such an incompetent lazy workers i have never seen in my life. I have already talked to my super accounts and they said that only ATO can fix the issue by advising them to release funds.
I do not have any hope of getting my money back.