Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

am i eligible for both Jobseeker and Jobkeeper?

Views 130

Replies 2

Hi, 

I am a sole trader whose income has effectively been $0 since 23 March 2020, I applied for the JobSeeker payment prior to JobKeeper being announced,  I  reported to centrelink in April to cancelled my Jobseeker payment when my business was approved for Jobkeeper payment ( turnover of less than $50 million and 86% decline).  then I received Jobkeeper payment for April 2020.  am i eligible for both payment in same time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @HZhao29,

As @SM2304 said, unfortunately you can't claim both JobSeeker and JobKeeper at the same time. If you'd like some further information we've answered a similar question on a previous thread.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions.

2 REPLIES 2

Devotee

Replies 0

A categoric NO

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @HZhao29,

As @SM2304 said, unfortunately you can't claim both JobSeeker and JobKeeper at the same time. If you'd like some further information we've answered a similar question on a previous thread.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions.