Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Re: casual employee jobkeeper

Initiate

Views 616

Replies 1

Can some one help with clarification of long term casual and regular and systematic work. I have a casual emplyee who when she works does between 4 to 7 hours a week. She has been employed for 9 years but has time off when ever she wants/needs it. Since march 1st 2019 she has had 2 weeks of in March, 5 weeks of in august, 2 weeks of in October and 10 weeks off in Nov-Jan. She hasnt worked since end of March and can do 4 hrs this Saturday but is unable then to work till May as she has 4 foster kids to care for plus her own 3. She was due to finish in June as she is having a baby in July. My accountant and I both believe that this too much time off to be eligible for the jobkeeper payment but she is disagreeing beliving that because she has worked for me for the last 8 years this qualifies as long term. What do you think?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

I agree with you and your accountant. It doesn't seem regular enough to me. I hope someone from the ATO can provide some clarity maybe.
1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

I agree with you and your accountant. It doesn't seem regular enough to me. I hope someone from the ATO can provide some clarity maybe.