Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

commissions

Views 635

Replies 3

I work for a business as a sales manager that pays a weekly hrly rate + any overtime and extra technical duties at a higher rate.

My main income is commssion on sales of consumables and equipment that I sell,which is paid monthy.

Since Covid I have been paid no commission on sales,even though we have continued to trade and sold a lot of product..June  (record sales) my empolyer has calculated an average commission for the last 12 months and incorporated that into an hrly rate and reduced my hrs so it equal the Job keeper payment of $750 per week.

I believe this is incorrect and have repeated pointed that out.

However,there has been no deviation from the reduced hrs and straight Jobkeeper payment.

The sales have been made and business has benifited,however no payments have been made to the sales persons that generated those sales?

It's in my  employment contract that monthly coms are paid,plus a small base.

I believe that sales commission and job keeper payments are seperate and would appreciate a clarification.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @tanaldan 

Based on what you have said, you should be able to get clarification from Fair Work regarding your situation. They deal with employer/employee obligations and entitlements. Take a look at their website via the above link.

Ari

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @tanaldan 

Based on what you have said, you should be able to get clarification from Fair Work regarding your situation. They deal with employer/employee obligations and entitlements. Take a look at their website via the above link.

Ari

Replies 0

thanks Ari..

Replies 0

Ari,FYI..unfortunately Fair Work are unable to give me a ruling after a very long period of time as commission falls outside their duristiction.

They have now refered me to legals.