ATO Community

early super release

I'm new

Views 460

Replies 1

Hi

I work on a fixed term contract until 30 June 2020 working 24 hours per week, my daycare has informed me that I they wont be able to take my children for the next two week or possibly more due to lack of staff. 

I would need to take part paid and part unpaid leave from work to care for my children, during this period as i dont have enough leave to take.  would i be eligible to apply for the Early Super release?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Emily20

Thanks for contacting ATO Community.

It’s a really difficult time for many, so hopefully this information will be able to assist you.

If you have been financially affected by COVID-19, you may be able to access some of your super early. For more information about COVID-19 early release of super, have a look at our website.

While our website doesn't go into detail about how to measure your 20% reduction in working hours, the temporary early release of superannuation fact sheet on the Treasury website does.

Meeting the requirement is self-assessing. If you work out that you are eligible and decide to submit an application, you don't need to provide evidence. In saying that, you should keep records such as time sheets and payslips just in case you're asked.

Good luck with everything.

I hope this information is helpful and you remain well during this time.

AmandaCW

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Emily20

Thanks for contacting ATO Community.

It’s a really difficult time for many, so hopefully this information will be able to assist you.

If you have been financially affected by COVID-19, you may be able to access some of your super early. For more information about COVID-19 early release of super, have a look at our website.

While our website doesn't go into detail about how to measure your 20% reduction in working hours, the temporary early release of superannuation fact sheet on the Treasury website does.

Meeting the requirement is self-assessing. If you work out that you are eligible and decide to submit an application, you don't need to provide evidence. In saying that, you should keep records such as time sheets and payslips just in case you're asked.

Good luck with everything.

I hope this information is helpful and you remain well during this time.

AmandaCW