Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

how to change from jobseeker to jobkeeper ?

Views 335

Replies 1

Dear All,

I started driving uber in Feb 2019 and stoped in Jan 2020, however, due to lack of information I did not apply for a job keeper payment and I am still on jobseeker payment.

My Questions

1st How do I know if I am eligible for a job keeper payment?

2nd If I am eligible, is it too late to change from jobseeker to job keeper ? f not how can I..?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Bogale

You will need to assess your eligibility for JobKeeper, if you meet the eligibility requirements you can apply for JobKeeper using your myGov account that is linked to the ATO. It is not to late to change but once you have applied for JobKeeper and have been accepted you will need to notify Services Australia that you are receiving the JobKeeper payment. Receiving the JobKeeper payment may affect the amount or your eligibility for the JobSeeker payment.

All the best!   

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Bogale

You will need to assess your eligibility for JobKeeper, if you meet the eligibility requirements you can apply for JobKeeper using your myGov account that is linked to the ATO. It is not to late to change but once you have applied for JobKeeper and have been accepted you will need to notify Services Australia that you are receiving the JobKeeper payment. Receiving the JobKeeper payment may affect the amount or your eligibility for the JobSeeker payment.

All the best!