Announcements
On 7 August 2020 the government proposed further changes to the JobKeeper extension. For more information, visit the Treasury website.

ATO Community

Re: job keeper

Highlighted

Views 223

Replies 2

Hi there, I have a question regarding job keeper. I have 2 long term casual jobs and work approximately the same hours at both jobs.

If one of my employer's is eligible for job keeper (they are currently looking into this) can I receive the job keeper payment from this employer and still work my other casual job as normal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @jl_1284 

As @Mike1  mentioned yes you can, here is some further information from the JobKeeper payment knowledge based article which provides some further advice.

Are casual employees eligible?

You’re eligible if you’re a long-term casual employee and have been with your employer on a regular and systematic basis for at least 12 months as at 1 March 2020. If you’re a long-term casual and you have other permanent employment, you can only claim JobKeeper through your permanent employer. If your permanent employer isn’t eligible, you may not be able to claim JobKeeper at all.

What if I have multiple jobs?

You can only receive the payment from one employer. Here are some different scenarios:

1. Long-term casual and permanent job: In this situation, you can’t be nominated by your casual employer, you must choose your permanent employer. If you’re permanent employer isn’t eligible to claim the payment, you won’t be eligible either.
  2. Fixed-term contract and long-term casual: if you're a fixed term contractor at 1 March and also a long-term casual, you can only choose to nominate through your fixed-term contract employer, not your casual employer. If the fixed-term contract is renewed before 27 September 2020, you will continue to be eligible for JobKeeper Payment under that employer. If you fixed-term contract isn’t renewed before 27 September 2020, you will likely cease being eligible for the JobKeeper Payment.
  3. Two long-term casual jobs or two permanent jobs: If you receive nominations from both employers, you can choose the one you want to get the payment from.

Thanks

SarahB1

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Master

Replies 0

I'll keep it simple - Yes you can
Highlighted

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @jl_1284 

As @Mike1  mentioned yes you can, here is some further information from the JobKeeper payment knowledge based article which provides some further advice.

Are casual employees eligible?

You’re eligible if you’re a long-term casual employee and have been with your employer on a regular and systematic basis for at least 12 months as at 1 March 2020. If you’re a long-term casual and you have other permanent employment, you can only claim JobKeeper through your permanent employer. If your permanent employer isn’t eligible, you may not be able to claim JobKeeper at all.

What if I have multiple jobs?

You can only receive the payment from one employer. Here are some different scenarios:

1. Long-term casual and permanent job: In this situation, you can’t be nominated by your casual employer, you must choose your permanent employer. If you’re permanent employer isn’t eligible to claim the payment, you won’t be eligible either.
  2. Fixed-term contract and long-term casual: if you're a fixed term contractor at 1 March and also a long-term casual, you can only choose to nominate through your fixed-term contract employer, not your casual employer. If the fixed-term contract is renewed before 27 September 2020, you will continue to be eligible for JobKeeper Payment under that employer. If you fixed-term contract isn’t renewed before 27 September 2020, you will likely cease being eligible for the JobKeeper Payment.
  3. Two long-term casual jobs or two permanent jobs: If you receive nominations from both employers, you can choose the one you want to get the payment from.

Thanks

SarahB1