Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

job seeker back-payment ?

I'm new

Views 499

Replies 1

Hi,

I am very unfamilar with centrelink - I am interested to know if I will receive (or can I apply for) back-payment of job seeker?

- I registered my intent to claim 28 March and made the claim when I got access.

- My claim was rejected due (to an error in my recorded income) on 9 May

- The error was corrected on 15 May after speaking to a real person.

- Weekly payments started 21 May.

While I am very thankful for the payments, should I be given payments from the date since I was eligable, from the date my intent to claim was registered? Do i need to do anything to request this?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @sprends ,

Jobseeker payment is administered by Services Australia, and they are the best government department to go to for advice or to objecting to a decision (rather than the ATO).

You could go to how to make a Jobseeker claim ,as there is information down the bottom of this webpage on reviewing a decision.

Hope this helps,

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @sprends ,

Jobseeker payment is administered by Services Australia, and they are the best government department to go to for advice or to objecting to a decision (rather than the ATO).

You could go to how to make a Jobseeker claim ,as there is information down the bottom of this webpage on reviewing a decision.

Hope this helps,