ATO Community

Re: jobkeeper - employee changed from full time to casual

Views 831

Replies 2

Hi,

We have had an employee who is eligible for jobkeeper resign, but they have continued with us employed in a casual position.

With continuous service, are they still eligible for jobkeeper in their casual role?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @jj2234,

Thanks for reaching out.

If the employee was changing from permanent employment to casual employment with the same employer and the employment was continuous, regular and systematic as at 1 March 2020 then yes, prior service as a permanent employee would satisfy the 12 month rule. If the employee was on a fixed-term contract then their prior service wouldn’t count towards the 12 months.

There is more information about the JobKeeper payment for employers on our website.

I hope this helps.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @jj2234,

Thanks for reaching out.

If the employee was changing from permanent employment to casual employment with the same employer and the employment was continuous, regular and systematic as at 1 March 2020 then yes, prior service as a permanent employee would satisfy the 12 month rule. If the employee was on a fixed-term contract then their prior service wouldn’t count towards the 12 months.

There is more information about the JobKeeper payment for employers on our website.

I hope this helps.

Replies 0

Thanks Alyce, that's perfect. (Sorry I missed that response when I searched earlier.)