Announcements
On 21 July the government announced proposed changes to the JobKeeper program. These changes don’t affect Jobkeeper payments until after 28 September 2020.

ATO Community

Re: parental leave and early access to super

Highlighted

Views 219

Replies 1

Hi, I have a question in regard to my wife, she is currently on paid parental leave until then end of June, she had been informed by her employer that there will be no shifts/hours available for her as she is a casual once she is to return after the paid parental leave is up, are we going to be able to have early access to her super for the 19/20 financial year? As she has been informed already that there will be no work and we are going to need it
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Ethanmartin7,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Based on your wife's expected reduction in shifts and hours that would certainly represent a reduction that is greater than 20%, and would make her eligible once that reduction comes in to effect.

You will be able to have early access to super for the 2019-20 year if you apply by June 30, and can also apply for the 2020-21 financial year from July 1 to September 24. I'd suggest reviewing this page to find the most accurate information on how to apply, and assess how that relates to your situation.

I understand your circumstances are difficult at the moment and hope this information has been helpful!

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Ethanmartin7,

Thank you for getting in touch!

Based on your wife's expected reduction in shifts and hours that would certainly represent a reduction that is greater than 20%, and would make her eligible once that reduction comes in to effect.

You will be able to have early access to super for the 2019-20 year if you apply by June 30, and can also apply for the 2020-21 financial year from July 1 to September 24. I'd suggest reviewing this page to find the most accurate information on how to apply, and assess how that relates to your situation.

I understand your circumstances are difficult at the moment and hope this information has been helpful!

Thanks.