Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

permenant part time changing to casual. Can i still recieve jobkeeper ?

I'm new

Views 519

Replies 1

I have been employed as permenant part time for 2 years, i have discussed with my employer to transfer to another position in the business, but my employer is saying i will have to stand down then be re employed / employed as a casual and then wont be elligible for job keeper. Is this right ? i am not trying to leave the work force i am just trying to transfer to a different role so it makes life alot easier with my child as im a single parent, but they are not full time positions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @sdalzell 

There are two things you need to consider here and we can only answer one of them about JobKeeper payment.

Basically to determine if you are an eligible employee, two tests must be satisfied at different times:

• the 1 March 2020 test and
  • the JobKeeper fortnight test.

If you are already in receipt of JobKeeper, you already meet these requirements but even if you look at the second requirement alone (JobKeeper fortnight test), you only need to be an employee of a qualifying employer (including if you are stood down or have been re-hired) at any time during the fortnight. So regardless of the change from part time to casual, as long as you are still an employee of your employer, you still qualify for JobKeeper.

As for whether or not you are required to stand down and be re-employed, you might want to seek some advice from Fair Work as there are different rules that govern impacts of COVID on the workplace, including changes to hours and working arrangements.

Hope this information helps.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @sdalzell 

There are two things you need to consider here and we can only answer one of them about JobKeeper payment.

Basically to determine if you are an eligible employee, two tests must be satisfied at different times:

• the 1 March 2020 test and
  • the JobKeeper fortnight test.

If you are already in receipt of JobKeeper, you already meet these requirements but even if you look at the second requirement alone (JobKeeper fortnight test), you only need to be an employee of a qualifying employer (including if you are stood down or have been re-hired) at any time during the fortnight. So regardless of the change from part time to casual, as long as you are still an employee of your employer, you still qualify for JobKeeper.

As for whether or not you are required to stand down and be re-employed, you might want to seek some advice from Fair Work as there are different rules that govern impacts of COVID on the workplace, including changes to hours and working arrangements.

Hope this information helps.