Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

please help - a sole trader confused by the Employee Nomination Form.

Views 538

Replies 1

I've just had a fresh look at the ATO site and I see that I have completed 'Step 1'. Looking over to the sidebar there is a question asking 'I'm a sole trader, do I need to complete Step 2?' The answer is basically 'yes', so I proceed to fill in the Jobkeeper Employee Nomination Form, which seems to not be written with Sole Traders in mind.

Section C of the Nomination Form states: To be an eligible employee, you need to meet these requirements: You are not in receipt of a JobKeeper payment as a sole trader, nor is another employer or eligible business in receipt of a JobKeeper payment for you.

I'm confused - I'm sure that many other people are too!

Thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Wild_Ramblings 

Thanks for getting in touch.

As a sole trader, you only have to complete the JobKeeper nomination notice for any eligible employees.

At step 2 when enrolling, if you don’t have any employees, you only have to confirm that you don’t have any employees to identify. Our JobKeeper guide for sole traders has information on this.

Hope this information helps.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Wild_Ramblings 

Thanks for getting in touch.

As a sole trader, you only have to complete the JobKeeper nomination notice for any eligible employees.

At step 2 when enrolling, if you don’t have any employees, you only have to confirm that you don’t have any employees to identify. Our JobKeeper guide for sole traders has information on this.

Hope this information helps.