Announcements
On 7 August 2020 the government proposed further changes to the JobKeeper extension. For more information, visit the Treasury website.

ATO Community

Re: pregnancy and jobkeeper payment

Highlighted

Views 167

Replies 3

I have an employee who will beresigning her position and going on maternity leave soon.  Before Covid she indicated she would resign but did not specify a resignation date.

Does this mean we now pay her jobkeeper right up until she has the baby?  Or should it stop once she stops doing any work for us due to downturn in work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Enthusiast

Replies 2

If she chooses to resing you would cease payemnts and decalre this in you rmonthyl reporting.

if she stays employed and its on maternity leave paid by you, she wuld still be entitled to jobkeeper

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Best answer

Enthusiast

Replies 2

If she chooses to resing you would cease payemnts and decalre this in you rmonthyl reporting.

if she stays employed and its on maternity leave paid by you, she wuld still be entitled to jobkeeper

Highlighted

Replies 0

But what if she doesnt resign until the baby is born - what if her hours are reduced because work has decreased now?

I guess my question is does she have to resign before the baby arrives as she previously stated?  or can she ride the wave of jobkeeper (working the reduced hours and getting the top up) until she has the baby and then resign?

Highlighted

Community Manager

Replies 0

Hi @Kristyj

So long as she is employed by you then she is entitled to JobKeeper regardless of how many hours she works.

If she has not resigned then you will still be eligible to pay her and claim the JobKeeper payment. If you are after specific information about resignations then you would probably be best to talk to Fair Work.

Thanks, Nate