Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

"Made a supply" and "Reporting to the Commissioner"

Views 663

Replies 3

In the jobkeeper eligibility list it says you must have made a supply and reported it to the Commissioner before 12/3. What does this mean?

I'm a new business this year but have had an ABN since January and can document earning up til end of March.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @adelaidemaths 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

The alternative turnover test has been developed to assist businesses that cannot use the normal turnover test, such as new businesses.

Hope this helps you, SueO

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @adelaidemaths 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

The alternative turnover test has been developed to assist businesses that cannot use the normal turnover test, such as new businesses.

Hope this helps you, SueO

Enthusiast

Replies 1

made a supply in 1 July 2018 – 12 March 2020 and provided notice to the Commissioner on or before 12 March 2020

It is an answer to the exact meaning of this that I too am looking for. Is it enough to have been paid into our bank with our abn ?

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @sb3 

Let me firstly apologies for the delay in responding to your follow up question. We do understand what a difficult and confusing time this can be.

Made a supply basically means did you have any taxable sales and lodge your tax return or a BAS before 12 March.

You can find further information on sole traders here.

I hope this information helps

Thanks

JoA