Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: sole trader+late bad+covid 19 support

Views 786

Replies 2

Hi my bas have been Neglected for the past 2-3 years. I have lost bit more than. 30% of revenue and I have no idea what to do.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @oppsy87,

I’m sorry to hear about your current situation.

As @wonka5, has commented, our first priority is supporting our community during this difficult time and ensuring you have the assistance required. If you are experiencing financial difficulties and serious hardship, we are able to help.

It is important to keep in mind that the JobKeeper payment is currently being discussed in Parliament and is not currently legislated. As such, we are only able to provide information in accordance with the fact sheets published on the Treasury website. We are also ensuring to keep our newsfeed articles on the JobKeeper payment and the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) up to date.

Additionally, if you would like to register your interest for the payment and receive updates, please visit the JobKeeper payment page on our website.

I hope this helps.

Tahlia

2 REPLIES 2

Devotee

Replies 1

You need to talk to them to work it out. I've spoken to the ATO about a few of my clients in the same situation and they have been so helpful and shown a lot of empathy in helping them get back on their feet and get their lodgements up to date. It was reassuring to also see the Commissioner say that his first priority was supporting us through this, check out his post if you haven't seen it yet https://community.ato.gov.au/t5/COVID-19-response/Working-together-to-protect-our-future/td-p/39012 

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @oppsy87,

I’m sorry to hear about your current situation.

As @wonka5, has commented, our first priority is supporting our community during this difficult time and ensuring you have the assistance required. If you are experiencing financial difficulties and serious hardship, we are able to help.

It is important to keep in mind that the JobKeeper payment is currently being discussed in Parliament and is not currently legislated. As such, we are only able to provide information in accordance with the fact sheets published on the Treasury website. We are also ensuring to keep our newsfeed articles on the JobKeeper payment and the COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) up to date.

Additionally, if you would like to register your interest for the payment and receive updates, please visit the JobKeeper payment page on our website.

I hope this helps.

Tahlia