• 23385 Members
  • 27493 Posts

ATO Community

Cryptocurrentcy and Centrelink

Ask a question
Highlighted

Views 134

Replies 1

hi i like to found out some infomation i whet to centrelink to report $94000+ in crypto assest and thay ask me to fill out a MOD F form at centrelink and i told centrelink that i am not running a busness and i told them that i going to sell all my crypto assest back to my bank account and open a high interest saving or term deposit becouse thay wanted to suspend my DSP centrelink payment and i do not want to lose my DSP payment so i like to know if i sell all my crypto back to AUD will i still have fill out MOD F form or Income and asset Form stop my DSP been affected since i no longer hold that crypto assest i am planing to use the money for a down payment for my house about $53000 of this is all cost base and reset is captail gains tax

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @thesuperpro,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We can provide general information here about your tax and super obligation and we can't comment about your DSP payments as these are administered by Centrelink.

You'll need to discuss your query directly with Centrelink.

Thanks, JodieH.

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @thesuperpro,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We can provide general information here about your tax and super obligation and we can't comment about your DSP payments as these are administered by Centrelink.

You'll need to discuss your query directly with Centrelink.

Thanks, JodieH.

Top Solution Authors