ATO Community

Applying for DASP but denied because of 'current visa' how do I cancel my eta?

Ask a question

Views 1878

Replies 3

I permanently departed Australia and cancelled my 457 Visa in 2016. I went to Australia for a holiday in January of 2018 and currently hold an ETA. I am back in Canada, and will not be returning to Australia anytime soon. I have applied for DASP, but it says I am unable to until my Visa expires. Is there any way I can cancel my ETA to speed up the process? Do I fill out the Form 1194 or is there an easier way? I don't want to wait until it expires in January 2019... Thank you for your assistance in this matter. Jen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi @JenniferHeine

Thanks for your question.

You can submit a request to the Department of Home Affairs to cancel your latest visa. There a few ways you might be able to do this other than completing the 1194 form;

- submit a visa cancellation request online through your ImmiAccount

or

- email super.hobart@homeaffairs.gov.au with a clear statement that you wish to have the visa cancelled along with providing your full name, DOB, passport number, visa subclass, your current residential address and the date that you departed Australia.

Once your visa is cancelled or has expired, you can log back into the DASP online system here.

The ATO Community have also set up some Knowledge Base Articles here, which can help with the completion of a DASP, and explain the timeframes and tax involved.

Hope this helps.

(Disclaimer – I’m an ATO employee – here helping out where I can voluntarily).

3 REPLIES 3

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 1

Hi @JenniferHeine

Thanks for your question.

You can submit a request to the Department of Home Affairs to cancel your latest visa. There a few ways you might be able to do this other than completing the 1194 form;

- submit a visa cancellation request online through your ImmiAccount

or

- email super.hobart@homeaffairs.gov.au with a clear statement that you wish to have the visa cancelled along with providing your full name, DOB, passport number, visa subclass, your current residential address and the date that you departed Australia.

Once your visa is cancelled or has expired, you can log back into the DASP online system here.

The ATO Community have also set up some Knowledge Base Articles here, which can help with the completion of a DASP, and explain the timeframes and tax involved.

Hope this helps.

(Disclaimer – I’m an ATO employee – here helping out where I can voluntarily).

Replies 0

Thank you for your quick answer and help with this! Greatly appreciated!

Jennifer

I'm new

Replies 0

Thank you for your quick answer and help with this

Top Solution Authors