Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

AustralianSuper Don't Receive My DASP Application from ATO since 2 Months Ago

Views 2322

Replies 3

I've lodged an application for a DASP payment via ATO on 8/12/2017, thus, ATO received the application on 14/12/2017.

However, when I confirm it with AustralianSuper for several times if they receive the DASP application from ATO, they told me they had not received it and asked me to contact ATO directly.

Then I sent many of the emails to DASPmail@ato.gov.au to enquire the process, and never got any reponse from it.

So I'm wondering if you can tell me:

1. "DASPmail@ato.gov.au" is a correct email address? If not, can you provide me the new one?

2. Is there an another way to enquire questions as to DASP? (Better be email or live chat)

3.  It's been 2 more months since I submit the DASP appliication. How long will my super company receive my DASP application?

4. Can I cancel the DASP application then apply it again?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Xanxus,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're sorry to hear you're having difficulties with your DASP application. Generally, you'll receive payment within 28 days of your super fund receiving the information they require. To claim your DASP you need to:

1. have left Australia
  2. had your visa cancelled
  3. completed the DASP application and submitted the application. (a lot of times people save the application instead of submitting it and it doesn't get sent)

You can re-enter the online system to view your existing application and view the 'Submitted applications' section to see if the application was submitted correctly. If the status is showing as 'saved', it means you've saved the application and not submitted it. Make sure all the information in the application is correct and click 'submit'.

Let us know if you have further issues with your DASP application so we can assist further.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Xanxus,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We're sorry to hear you're having difficulties with your DASP application. Generally, you'll receive payment within 28 days of your super fund receiving the information they require. To claim your DASP you need to:

1. have left Australia
  2. had your visa cancelled
  3. completed the DASP application and submitted the application. (a lot of times people save the application instead of submitting it and it doesn't get sent)

You can re-enter the online system to view your existing application and view the 'Submitted applications' section to see if the application was submitted correctly. If the status is showing as 'saved', it means you've saved the application and not submitted it. Make sure all the information in the application is correct and click 'submit'.

Let us know if you have further issues with your DASP application so we can assist further.

Thanks.

Replies 1

I've re-entered the online system to view my existing application and I pretty sure the DASP application had been submitted 2months ago.

Do you have another way except to send email to DASPmail@ato.gov.au to enquire questions as to DASP? Better be an email receiver who will give me any feedback or live chat, because I'm oversea now. 

Thanks for your help.

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Xanxus,

Thanks for getting in touch again!

We can provide you with general information here on our Community, as we can't guarantee is safe to share personal information on an online forum so we can't access your account.

The DASP mailbox is the correct email address to follow up with application queries. It can take up to 28 days to receive a response.

You can phone or Skype us from overseas on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday (AEDT), let the operator know you're calling from overseas to request a callback.

Thanks.