• 23372 Members
  • 27464 Posts

ATO Community

Re: ClaIming DASP

Ask a question

I'm new

Views 884

Replies 6

Hi, I lodged an application for a departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP) on 5/06/2018. According to the email I received, my application should be processed within 28 days. However, I haven't received any further information up to now and I can't check my fund detail anymore. Are there anyone know that what is wrong with the application process or how to check the application process? Thanks a lot!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Megastar

Replies 5

Hi @SharnJ

Thanks for your message.

You're correct in saying that the service standard for processing a DASP claim is 28 days from the date you lodged your application. If after 28 days you haven't received your DASP, and your super is held with your fund, contact your super fund directly to enquire on the progress of your claim.

If after 28 days you haven't received your DASP, and your super is held by us, email our DASP team at DASPmail@ato.gov.au, and include your personal details and date of lodgement. The DASP team can take up to 28 days to respond due to the high volumes of emails and applications they receive.

Alternatively you can phone or Skype us on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8:00am and 5:00pm (AEST) Monday to Friday for tailored assistance. When you phone, please have your tax file number and any documentation we may have sent to help us establish your identity. Let our switchboard operator know you are calling from overseas, and we may be able to arrange a call back.

We can only provide general information here on ATO Community,  as we cannot guarantee this is a secure channel.

Thanks, and we hope you get some clarity on your DASP application very soon.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Best answer

Megastar

Replies 5

Hi @SharnJ

Thanks for your message.

You're correct in saying that the service standard for processing a DASP claim is 28 days from the date you lodged your application. If after 28 days you haven't received your DASP, and your super is held with your fund, contact your super fund directly to enquire on the progress of your claim.

If after 28 days you haven't received your DASP, and your super is held by us, email our DASP team at DASPmail@ato.gov.au, and include your personal details and date of lodgement. The DASP team can take up to 28 days to respond due to the high volumes of emails and applications they receive.

Alternatively you can phone or Skype us on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8:00am and 5:00pm (AEST) Monday to Friday for tailored assistance. When you phone, please have your tax file number and any documentation we may have sent to help us establish your identity. Let our switchboard operator know you are calling from overseas, and we may be able to arrange a call back.

We can only provide general information here on ATO Community,  as we cannot guarantee this is a secure channel.

Thanks, and we hope you get some clarity on your DASP application very soon.

Replies 4

Hi, I also lodged a claim thru DASP on 03/01/2019 but haven't received any feedback yet. I already received a feedback from super fund and they said they already handed my fund to ATO due to government policy. Is there other way to talk about this other than skype as it is a bit expensive adding credits to it if using it to call phone numbers?

Devotee

Replies 3

Hi @falconhour,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We'd need to ask personal questions about your tax and super accounts in order to confirm we're talking to the right person and access your account. We strongly advise against providing these sorts of details in a public forum, so we can't investigate your application further for you.

You can phone or Skype us from overseas on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday - let the operator who answers your call know that you're overseas so they can arrange someone to call you back.

We'd also encourage you to check your original departing Australia super payment (DASP) application. If you've told us your fund held your super on your original application, we'll have sent it to your fund for processing.

If you haven't checked to see if you had ATO-held super when completing your original application, you may need to submit a new form. Check out our Guide to claiming your departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP) online - Getting started for information on how to complete your application.

Thanks.

Replies 2

Hi AmandaE,

Sorry I mistyped my statement. Actually, according to my super fund, they said they have already transferred my superannuation to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) in order to satisfy its legislative obligations under the Superannuation (Unclaimed Money and Lost Members) Act 1999. I just checked my original DASP application and there is super fund named "Payment of Unclaimed Superannuation Money". Is this the ATO-held super? It looks to me it is because the contact details belongs to ATO.

Replies 1

Hi @falconhour,

Your super fund is required to send your super to us as ‘unclaimed super money’ if:

• you’re a temporary resident who has left Australia for 6 months or more
  • your visa has been cancelled or expired
  • you hadn’t claimed your DASP

If you’re super is transferred to us, you can still claim it as a DASP if you meet all the eligibility criteria.

Your DASP application will show ‘Payment of unclaimed superannuation money’ if your super has been transferred to us.

As @AmandaE mentioned, you’ll need to contact us to check the progress of your application.

Thanks, NicM.

Replies 0

Thanks NicM.

Top Solution Authors