Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Re: Copy of Visa from 20 years ago

Views 123

Replies 3

As it is 20 years since I left Australia, I may not be able to provide a copy of my entry/exit visawith my DASP application. Please advise.

Thanks again.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @NeilMahood

If you apply using our online application system, you won't need to supply a Certificate of Immigration Status. If your super is above $5,000, you'll need to supply copies of certified identity documents, though.

If you apply by paper, you'll need a Certificate of Immigration Status, which Home Affairs will be able to issue to you, even if you've long since left the country.

You can read about how to claim your DASP on our website.

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @NeilMahood

If you apply using our online application system, you won't need to supply a Certificate of Immigration Status. If your super is above $5,000, you'll need to supply copies of certified identity documents, though.

If you apply by paper, you'll need a Certificate of Immigration Status, which Home Affairs will be able to issue to you, even if you've long since left the country.

You can read about how to claim your DASP on our website.

Replies 1

Thanks for the info, I have had a look at the "ATO held Super Form"; just a query please

Can the payment be sent to my overseas bank account, as I do not have an Australian Account?

Thanks again.

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @NeilMahood

As you don't have an Australian bank account, you can opt for either a cheque or an international money transfer (IMT). An IMT is only available when applying for DASP from your superfund (not super held by the ATO). We recommend checking directly with your fund what payment options they offer. If you cannot use an IMT, or are applying for super held by the ATO, you'll receive a cheque in the mail.

You can read more about how DASP is paid on our website.