Announcements
COVID-19 update: We expect to publish updates on the JobKeeper payment soon. For other questions, check out the COVID-19 board.

ATO Community

DAPS ONLINE: Error

Highlighted

Views 969

Replies 5

Since May this year I´m trying to apply DASP online, after completing my personal details I always get an error message. On November 12th I tried again and magically could passed first stage (I was eligible) but left the process as I had to verify some missing details.  Today I wanted to start the process but was denied again with same message as in the begining (error message -not eligible).

Please kindly help me out. 

Apply for departing Australia superannuation payment: error

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @NATHALIABLANCO,

Welcome to our Community!

Generally speaking, you can claim a DASP if all of the following apply:

• you accumulated superannuation while working in Australia as a temporary resident
  • your visa has expired or been cancelled
  • you have left Australia and
  • you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia

If you meet the above criteria, you can apply using our online application system.

When applying online, you'll be asked to provide information (TFN, your name, date of birth, passport details) which will be passed to the Department of Home Affairs (not your TFN) to confirm your identity and eligibility to claim your super. If the information you're providing is different to information the Department of Home Affairs has on file, you may not be eligible and be why you're getting the error message. If the information is confirmed you'll be able to complete your application.

If you meet the above criteria and still receiving the error, let us know exactly what the error message says or contact the Department of Home Affairs to confirm your details.

Hope this helps, JodieH.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 4

Hi @NATHALIABLANCO,

Welcome to our Community!

Generally speaking, you can claim a DASP if all of the following apply:

• you accumulated superannuation while working in Australia as a temporary resident
  • your visa has expired or been cancelled
  • you have left Australia and
  • you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia

If you meet the above criteria, you can apply using our online application system.

When applying online, you'll be asked to provide information (TFN, your name, date of birth, passport details) which will be passed to the Department of Home Affairs (not your TFN) to confirm your identity and eligibility to claim your super. If the information you're providing is different to information the Department of Home Affairs has on file, you may not be eligible and be why you're getting the error message. If the information is confirmed you'll be able to complete your application.

If you meet the above criteria and still receiving the error, let us know exactly what the error message says or contact the Department of Home Affairs to confirm your details.

Hope this helps, JodieH.

Highlighted

Replies 3

Dear JodieH, 

Thanks so much for your kind reply.

I confirm I meet all the criteria but still receiving the error message (I'm copying it below). It was strange that when I tried last Nov. 12th I was eligible but then last Sunday it turned the same error message, not eligible. Paper application is not an option for me as I am in Uruguay and can´t certify the documents. I really appreciate you can help me solve this problem. 

Apply for departing Australia superannuation payment: error Not eligible - not known

Based on information supplied to us by the Australian Department of Home Affairs we are unable to establish that you are the holder of a temporary resident's visa under the Migration Act 1958. If you are the holder of a temporary resident's visa under the Migration Act 1958 check the details you entered are correct, then try again. Alternatively, you may send a paper application.

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @NATHALIABLANCO,

Thanks for the additional information!

The error message you're receiving relates to the Department of Home Affairs not being able to establish you were a holder of a temporary resident's visa.

To be eligible to claim a DASP you must have held a temporary resident visa (excluding subclasses 405 and 410). You will need to contact the Department of Home Affairs directly to check the details on file for you and your visa type.

Thanks, JodieH.

Highlighted

Replies 1

Hi JudieH,

Thanks for the information. Could you please let me know email address of Department of Home Affairs.

Best regards,
Nathalia
Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @NATHALIABLANCO

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You can find details on how to get in touch with the Department of Home Affairs on their Contact us page on their website

Thanks, JodieH.