Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

DASP Claim Question

Highlighted

Views 300

Replies 1

Hi there,

Ive have been living and working in Australia for 11 years. Im a NZ citizen but also hold South African citizenship as i was born there.

So ive entered and worked in Perth under the NZ citizenship. 

Im in the process of moving back to South African next year for family reasons. 

I would like to claim my super, ive contacted my fund and they have advised i speak to the ATO.

Ive begun filling in the DASP online form, but cant proceed, it says the NZ passport isnt eligeble and when i try the RSA passport

it says ive never held a visa, this is because ive entered under the NZ passport. So what to do? im not going back to NZ but RSA. Would i need to go to ATO offices and speak to someone in person? Thanks for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Morne

Firstly welcome to our community always good to see new members.

As a New Zealand citizen you are ineligible for the online DASP application the normal Australian Super rules generally will apply . See When you leave Australia and the heading Your super, it may offer you some further insights. See also ATO-held -super and Trans-Tasman retirement savings portability scheme for individuals.

Your New Zealand citizenship will determine how we view you. The truth is that the treatment of your super is more favourable on account of this though the normal rules for access will apply.

I hope this gives you some direction.

Kind regards

MarkA

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Morne

Firstly welcome to our community always good to see new members.

As a New Zealand citizen you are ineligible for the online DASP application the normal Australian Super rules generally will apply . See When you leave Australia and the heading Your super, it may offer you some further insights. See also ATO-held -super and Trans-Tasman retirement savings portability scheme for individuals.

Your New Zealand citizenship will determine how we view you. The truth is that the treatment of your super is more favourable on account of this though the normal rules for access will apply.

I hope this gives you some direction.

Kind regards

MarkA