Announcements
What's the right super fund for you? Although super may not be on the top of your list now, keeping track of your super can help maximise your savings for when you retire. Try out the new YourSuper comparison tool and choose a super fund that meets your needs. Still got questions about super? Ask the Community

ATO Community

DASP Eligibility - Becoming an NZ Citizen

Views 73

Replies 3

Hi, I am a UK citizen and lived in Aus for 4 years on an NZ Spouse Visa. I have now left Aus and Super has been transferred to ATO. 

I am now living in NZ and waiting for my NZ Citizenship, If I did nothing and become an NZ based dual NZ/UK citizen, would I become eligible for trans-tasman portability, not DASP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @MikeCr

You can transfer super from Australia to New Zealand if you've moved there permanently or indefinitely.

You can read the requirements about Transfers to New Zealand on our website.

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @MikeCr

You can transfer super from Australia to New Zealand if you've moved there permanently or indefinitely.

You can read the requirements about Transfers to New Zealand on our website.

Replies 1

Hi Chantelle, 

Thank you for confirming that. Is it possible to instruct the ATO to send my funds back to an AU Super provider (I.e a new account) to then transfer to NZ?

I didn't request my AU Super a/c to be closed and being told by my Kiwisaver provider that they can only transfer from an AU Super a/c

Thanks

Mike

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @MikeCr

You will need to nominate a fund and open an account with them. Check they're part of the scheme to transfer from Aus to NZ.

When you have opened an account then you can transfer your ATO-held Super to that fund.

See our website for information about ATO-held Super and transferring