• 22066 Members
  • 24643 Posts

ATO Community

DASP Payment Objection Form

Ask a question

Views 794

Replies 6

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can direct to the correct from to lodge an a dispute regarding a DASP Payment.

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 3

Hi @MR-PM,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you believe the incorrect tax rate has been applied to your DASP, you’ll need to either contact your super fund or lodge an objection with us.

If your super fund paid your DASP and they paid it to you this financial year, you’ll need to contact them and request a refund.

If your super fund paid the DASP in previous financial year, or we paid you your DASP, you’ll need to lodge an objection with us. You need to lodge your objection in writing – you can find the form to lodge your objection on our website.

It’s worth keeping in mind, that if you’ve ever held a working holiday maker (WHM) visa and your super balance included amounts that relate to contributions made while holding a WHM visa, then the entire DASP payment will be taxed at the DASP WHM tax rate (i.e.65%).

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Replies 5

Hi @MR-PM,

Welcome to the Community.

Just to make sure we point you in the right direction, could you confirm if you're disputing the amount of tax that has been withheld from a DASP?

Thanks, NicM.

Replies 4

Yes thats correct.

I remember been given a number that I could type into the search bar to find it more quickly but Ive mislayed it.

My defacto patner (same visa) got taxed at the 35% but I got taxed at the 65% rate !

My super was over 100k !

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 3

Hi @MR-PM,

Thanks for getting back to us.

If you believe the incorrect tax rate has been applied to your DASP, you’ll need to either contact your super fund or lodge an objection with us.

If your super fund paid your DASP and they paid it to you this financial year, you’ll need to contact them and request a refund.

If your super fund paid the DASP in previous financial year, or we paid you your DASP, you’ll need to lodge an objection with us. You need to lodge your objection in writing – you can find the form to lodge your objection on our website.

It’s worth keeping in mind, that if you’ve ever held a working holiday maker (WHM) visa and your super balance included amounts that relate to contributions made while holding a WHM visa, then the entire DASP payment will be taxed at the DASP WHM tax rate (i.e.65%).

Thanks.

Replies 2

Thanks for getting back to me.

I will look for the form and submit.

My wife & I were on the same visa but we have been taxed at different rates. Not consistent...

Hers was paid by the superfund, mine was paid out by the ATO.

Thanks

Replies 1

Sorry is it possible to direct me to the form that is required ?

i followed you link but its not clear of which form to use.

Thanks

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @MR-PM - you'll need to download the Objection form for tax payers on your laptop or desktop and complete it online. Please note that it can take around 28 days for us to process your objection request.

Thanks.

Top Solution Authors