Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

DASP Problems

Views 595

Replies 1

Hi, I’m having a bit of trouble claiming my DASP payment and need some help!! My temporary visa (WHM 417) expired on 30/11/19 i left the country on the 17/11/19 and I went to New Zealand and USA on the way home, I arrived back in the UK on 16/12/19 when I try to submit my application it saves it as pending and says that I need to wait for the department of home affairs to advise that my visa has expired! I’ve entered the system multiple time since I first did my application but I still can’t submit it, I have gone through the questions and re read everything but it’s still just saying that my application will be saved! This is extremely frustrating as my visa has been expired for over 3 months! I was hoping I could get some help in sorting this out! Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Jdw091

Thanks for your post.

It sounds like you will need to get in touch with the Department of Home Affairs. While we manage the DASP online application system, it is Home Affairs that verifies whether your visa has ceased to be in effect (expired or cancelled).

If you're not sure how to get in touch with them, the help with the DASP online application system page on our website provides some links to their website and contact details.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Jdw091

Thanks for your post.

It sounds like you will need to get in touch with the Department of Home Affairs. While we manage the DASP online application system, it is Home Affairs that verifies whether your visa has ceased to be in effect (expired or cancelled).

If you're not sure how to get in touch with them, the help with the DASP online application system page on our website provides some links to their website and contact details.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR