Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

DASP Super not paid by employer

Highlighted

Views 296

Replies 1

Hi

I left australia approx 8 months ago, I have checked my super fund to find that my employer did not make any payments to it. 

Have contacted employer who advises that they are on a payment plan with the ATO for unpaid super. My question is: Can I submit a DASP application to claim my super if my employer has not yet paid all of it to the ATO? and would this be ATO held super?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @hp111716

Thanks for your post.

If we are holding some super guarantee (SG) for you due to your former employer's late payments, you can submit a DASP application now if you like. In saying that, it may be more practical to wait until they have completed their payment plan.

Of course this assumes that you meet all of the DASP criteria. You can find out more about your eligibility for DASP on our website. You might also want to read up on how and when DASP is paid as well as how it is taxed.

If you have any reason to doubt what your former employer has said, you may want to check out the unpaid super from your employer page. It explains what your options are.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @hp111716

Thanks for your post.

If we are holding some super guarantee (SG) for you due to your former employer's late payments, you can submit a DASP application now if you like. In saying that, it may be more practical to wait until they have completed their payment plan.

Of course this assumes that you meet all of the DASP criteria. You can find out more about your eligibility for DASP on our website. You might also want to read up on how and when DASP is paid as well as how it is taxed.

If you have any reason to doubt what your former employer has said, you may want to check out the unpaid super from your employer page. It explains what your options are.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR