Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

DASP online

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 335

Replies 1

Hi, I try to claim my DASP but they thy show me this "We were unable to verify your identity" how can I do?

On mygov.au profile, I can see my Super. 

Also I was in Australia 4 years: 1st year - Student visa 2nd WHV - 3rd&4th Student visa How my super going to be taxed? 

thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Florian37

Welcome to our Community.

When you apply for your departing Australia super payment (DASP) via our online application system, your identity is verified by checking your information with the Department of Home Affairs. If you are having issues, we recommend that you get in touch with them.

For more information about how to contact the Department of Home Affairs, refer to the help with the DASP online application system page on our website. Their email as well as a link to their website can be found towards the bottom of the page.

You can also submit a DASP claim by submitting a paper form to your super fund/s or us depending on who holds your super. For more information on how to claim your super, check out our website.

Of course the above information assumes that you are eligible to submit a DASP claim. We recommend that you check your eligibility for DASP on our website.

A final DASP tax will be withheld from your payment when it is made. The payment may be made up of two components – a tax-free component, and a taxable component (that may have a taxed element and/or an untaxed element).

The DASP tax rate that will be applied will depend on whether you ever held a working holiday maker (WHM) visa during your time in Australia. If not, the DASP ordinary tax rate will apply. If so, the DASP WHM tax rate may apply. You can refer to how DASP is taxed for more information.

If you did hold a WHM visa during your time in Australia, each super fund will assess your application and determine the tax rate to apply based on the information it holds in relation to your contributions. You can refer to DASP for working holiday makers for more information.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Florian37

Welcome to our Community.

When you apply for your departing Australia super payment (DASP) via our online application system, your identity is verified by checking your information with the Department of Home Affairs. If you are having issues, we recommend that you get in touch with them.

For more information about how to contact the Department of Home Affairs, refer to the help with the DASP online application system page on our website. Their email as well as a link to their website can be found towards the bottom of the page.

You can also submit a DASP claim by submitting a paper form to your super fund/s or us depending on who holds your super. For more information on how to claim your super, check out our website.

Of course the above information assumes that you are eligible to submit a DASP claim. We recommend that you check your eligibility for DASP on our website.

A final DASP tax will be withheld from your payment when it is made. The payment may be made up of two components – a tax-free component, and a taxable component (that may have a taxed element and/or an untaxed element).

The DASP tax rate that will be applied will depend on whether you ever held a working holiday maker (WHM) visa during your time in Australia. If not, the DASP ordinary tax rate will apply. If so, the DASP WHM tax rate may apply. You can refer to how DASP is taxed for more information.

If you did hold a WHM visa during your time in Australia, each super fund will assess your application and determine the tax rate to apply based on the information it holds in relation to your contributions. You can refer to DASP for working holiday makers for more information.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR