ATO Community

DASP

Ask a question
Highlighted

I'm new

Views 167

Replies 1

Hi,

I understand that the witholding tax rate for DASP payments are 35% for non WHM and 65% for WHM. I was on a WHM visa initially for 6 months before converting to a 457 visa.

I wish to apply for the DASP as I have left Australia and would like to ask if the DASP will be taxed at 35% or 65% or split between 35% for super contributions received while on a 457 visa with the balance at 65% while on the WHM visa.

Thank you for any clarification provided. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @boonwong 

From 1 July 2017, the new DASP WHM tax rate of 65% applies to DASPs made to WHMs where it includes amounts attributable to superannuation contributions made under a WHM visa. In other words, if any part of your DASP includes any contributions made while you were WHM, then the entire DASP is taxed at 65%.

Here's a link to information on the ATO website:

JF

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @boonwong 

From 1 July 2017, the new DASP WHM tax rate of 65% applies to DASPs made to WHMs where it includes amounts attributable to superannuation contributions made under a WHM visa. In other words, if any part of your DASP includes any contributions made while you were WHM, then the entire DASP is taxed at 65%.

Here's a link to information on the ATO website:

JF

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

Top Solution Authors