Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

DASP

Views 2273

Replies 3

Dear sir or madam,

I do have a few question. I already lodged my DASP and cancelled my visa (417) as well. Is there anything else to do to get my super back?

Unfortunately I lost my phone with my Australian number. That means I can't get access to the ato site anymore. How can I change my number or how can I enter else? Is it just possible with an Australian number? I would like to check the progress of my DASP and lodge the final tax back in Juli. Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Kind regards,

Andre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Andre,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you've made an application for DASP online after you had left Australia and your visa was cancelled, there is nothing further you need to do. Your DASP should generally be paid within 28 days of sending us your application, as long as your super fund has all the required information. Check out our Guide to claiming your DASP online - FAQs on our Community for more information.

If you don't have your mobile number to receive an access code to sign in to myGov, you can create a new myGov account. However, you will need to register a different email address than before as it will be linked to your previous account. When setting up your new account, you can select to answer a series of secret questions to sign in instead of linking your mobile number. You can find more information in the Help section of myGov on travelling overseas and creating new accounts.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Andre,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you've made an application for DASP online after you had left Australia and your visa was cancelled, there is nothing further you need to do. Your DASP should generally be paid within 28 days of sending us your application, as long as your super fund has all the required information. Check out our Guide to claiming your DASP online - FAQs on our Community for more information.

If you don't have your mobile number to receive an access code to sign in to myGov, you can create a new myGov account. However, you will need to register a different email address than before as it will be linked to your previous account. When setting up your new account, you can select to answer a series of secret questions to sign in instead of linking your mobile number. You can find more information in the Help section of myGov on travelling overseas and creating new accounts.

Thanks.

Replies 1

Dear Jodie,

first of all I want to thank you for your detailed answer. I realised that my DASP application was pending because my visa wasn't cancelled first. I opened a new ato account with another email. It worked perfect and I could link it to the ato services. Unfortunately I'm not coming back to the DASP application. If I try to enter my details it says

We were unable to verify your identity, try again.

If you believe your details are correct and we are still unable to verify your identity, refer to help or phone us on 13 10 20.

I did it a lot of times. And my details were right. I hope you can help me with that issue. I already wrote an email to the tax office service. I don't have an answer yet (after about a week). Thank you very much. I appriciate that. 

Kind regards,

Andre

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Andre,

Thanks for getting in touch again - we're sorry to hear you're having trouble with your application.

We aim to provide general information here on our Community to help benefit members, we can't look through your application to see where it's gone wrong. We have a used guide that can help step you through the application process in our Guide to claiming your departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP) online - Claim information on our website.

When your submitting an online DASP application, you need to enter the exact same personal information that we have on file for you. If it still gives you the error message 'we were unable to verify your identity, try again', and you wish to speak with us you can phone or Skype +61 2 6216 1111 between 8am - 5pm (AEDT), Monday to Friday and let the operator know you're calling from overseas to request a call back. Alternatively, you can apply for your DAPS via a paper application. We aim to respond within 28 days to your request.

Thanks.