Announcements
COVID-19 update: Check out our answers to common questions about JobKeeper payment and early release of super.

ATO Community

DASP

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 147

Replies 1

Hi, I recently left Australia after being on a 417 Working Holiday Visa which expired in February 2020.

I am now in England but have been granted an ETA 601 tourist visa which is valid March 2020 - March 2021, but I will not be entering Australia until at least October 2020 due to the current Coronavirus and will only be eligable to stay for 3 months at a time and strictly for tourism purposes.

I attempted to apply for my DASP, as I have now ceased working and living in Aus but when I attempt to submit it says it is pending due to my visa not yet expiring.

Is this referring to my tourist visa? 

I am not wanting to wait until March 2021when that expires to apply but I also do not want to cancel my current tourist visa in order to obtain. Is there another way around this?

Thank you Smiley Happy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ellierfox

Thanks for your post.

To be eligible for a departing Australia super payment (DASP), you need to meet all of the eligibility criteria. For more information about your eligibility for DASP, have a look at our website.

As a current temporary visa holder, you don't meet all of the criteria. When you apply for your DASP online, the Department of Home Affairs verifies whether you currently hold a visa. If you do, you're not eligible to submit a DASP claim.

If you don't want to wait until after your current temporary visa expires, you can arrange the cancellation of your visa with Home Affairs. For more information about cancelling your visa if you've departed Australia, refer to our website.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ellierfox

Thanks for your post.

To be eligible for a departing Australia super payment (DASP), you need to meet all of the eligibility criteria. For more information about your eligibility for DASP, have a look at our website.

As a current temporary visa holder, you don't meet all of the criteria. When you apply for your DASP online, the Department of Home Affairs verifies whether you currently hold a visa. If you do, you're not eligible to submit a DASP claim.

If you don't want to wait until after your current temporary visa expires, you can arrange the cancellation of your visa with Home Affairs. For more information about cancelling your visa if you've departed Australia, refer to our website.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR