Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Does DASP affect the application of permanent residency VISA in the future?

Highlighted

Views 294

Replies 1

Hi,

I've left Australia and my student visa has been refused last month, which means I don't hold any visa right now. I have enough super fund in my super account (I worked in a full-time job for the last 2 years). I am not a citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia. So I believe I'm eligible to apply DASP now, but I have a concern about withdrawing my super which I will describe below.

I will apply the permanent residency VISA in the near future. My concern is that will DASP affect my application of permanent residency VISA later? I've noticed that ATO has a policy - "Claiming a DASP will not affect any future visa applications.", and I just want to confirm that this policy includes permanent residency VISA as well, right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Taxicorn

Replies 0

@lawrence1919 

The two are not related.

You can come here, claim super, leave and repeat as many times as you want or can.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Taxicorn

Replies 0

@lawrence1919 

The two are not related.

You can come here, claim super, leave and repeat as many times as you want or can.