ATO Community

Eligibility for DASP - WH 417

Ask a question
Highlighted

I'm new

Views 541

Replies 1

Hello.

I just tried to claim my super through DASP. It says that I am not eligible and that I was not on an eligible visa. 

-I was on a Working holiday visa subclass 417 which was issued under the migration act 1958 and I obtained superannuation to my fund. 
-My visa expired on the 14th of may this year.
-I left Australia that same day.

-I am not an Australian nor New Zealand citizen.

How do I proceed? The DASP asks me to double check my details that I entered in the beginning. I have double checked it and can't find anything wrong with it.

Thank you for your help in advance

Best Regards

Ana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Replies 0

Hi @anatrippi,

Welcome to the Community.

To be eligible for a departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP), you need to meet the eligibility criteria:

• You accumulated super while working in Australia on a temporary resident visa
  • Your visa has expired or been cancelled
  • You’ve left Australia, and
  • You’re not an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia.

If you received a validation or ‘unable to establish identity’ error, we’ll need to confirm the details (for example, name and date of birth) we have for you are correct.

We advise against giving your personal information on a public forum (as we can’t guarantee the safety of your personal information), so we'd suggest you call us check your details. If you're overseas you can phone or Skype us on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday and let the operator know you're calling from overseas to request a callback.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Thanks, NicM.

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

Replies 0

Hi @anatrippi,

Welcome to the Community.

To be eligible for a departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP), you need to meet the eligibility criteria:

• You accumulated super while working in Australia on a temporary resident visa
  • Your visa has expired or been cancelled
  • You’ve left Australia, and
  • You’re not an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia.

If you received a validation or ‘unable to establish identity’ error, we’ll need to confirm the details (for example, name and date of birth) we have for you are correct.

We advise against giving your personal information on a public forum (as we can’t guarantee the safety of your personal information), so we'd suggest you call us check your details. If you're overseas you can phone or Skype us on +61 2 6216 1111 between 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday and let the operator know you're calling from overseas to request a callback.

If you have any other questions, let us know.

Thanks, NicM.

Top Solution Authors