Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Ex permanent resident

Highlighted

Views 290

Replies 1

Hi.I departed Australia in 2005.I was a permanent resident (which expired after 5 years) I haven't been back or made any contributions since then.Currently live in the UK and would like to access my super.How would I apply. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Richard4

Thanks for your question.

This one comes up quite often and there are a number of threads in our Community that you can look at. Here is a link to one of them: Claiming DASP as former permanent resident

It is important to note that your eligibility will depend on whether you held a temporary visa (which has since expired or been cancelled) prior to your permanent visa. If you have only ever held a permanent visa, you won't be eligible to apply for a DASP.

If you're not eligible for a DASP, you can check out the conditions of release section of our website for more information about when you can access your super.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Richard4

Thanks for your question.

This one comes up quite often and there are a number of threads in our Community that you can look at. Here is a link to one of them: Claiming DASP as former permanent resident

It is important to note that your eligibility will depend on whether you held a temporary visa (which has since expired or been cancelled) prior to your permanent visa. If you have only ever held a permanent visa, you won't be eligible to apply for a DASP.

If you're not eligible for a DASP, you can check out the conditions of release section of our website for more information about when you can access your super.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, ChrisR