Announcements
What's the right super fund for you? Although super may not be on the top of your list now, keeping track of your super can help maximise your savings for when you retire. Try out the new YourSuper comparison tool and choose a super fund that meets your needs. Still got questions about super? Ask the Community

ATO Community

How to know my super is curently held by ATO or super fund company?

Views 54

Replies 1

Dear Team,

I have left Australia permanantly. Now I am thinking of claiming my Super during the period I worked in Australia. FYI, the visa types I had was working visa type 485 and student visa type 500. Should I go through the DASP application process the same as working holiday worker? And could you please adivse the the comprehensive procedure I should follow. For example, the first step is to know who is curently held the super money (ATO or super fund company)? and does the first question matter if I would like to go through the DASP Process? Is there any possible tax exemption given the COVID situation that we are experiencing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hello @XinhangSheng

You are eligible to do a DASP application if:

• you accumulated superannuation while working in Australia on a temporary resident visa issued under the Migration Act 1958 (excluding Subclasses 405 and 410)
  • your visa has ceased to be in effect (for example, it has expired or been cancelled)
  • you have left Australia and you do not hold any other active Australian visa
  • you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia.

Your super fund may transfer your super to us if:

• it has been six months or more since you left Australia, and
  • your visa has ceased to be in effect.

If you're not sure where your super is, you can search for it by:

At this stage there has been no mention of any tax exemptions.

Smiley Happy

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hello @XinhangSheng

You are eligible to do a DASP application if:

• you accumulated superannuation while working in Australia on a temporary resident visa issued under the Migration Act 1958 (excluding Subclasses 405 and 410)
  • your visa has ceased to be in effect (for example, it has expired or been cancelled)
  • you have left Australia and you do not hold any other active Australian visa
  • you are not an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident of Australia.

Your super fund may transfer your super to us if:

• it has been six months or more since you left Australia, and
  • your visa has ceased to be in effect.

If you're not sure where your super is, you can search for it by:

At this stage there has been no mention of any tax exemptions.

Smiley Happy