Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

I made an application to claim my super but I still have any news

I'm new

Views 2016

Replies 1

Hi everybody,

I left Australia on 2015 but I had problems to claim my super, I made an application to claim my super on 7/12/2017 but I Still haven´t received any payment in my australian account.

I have received the following information by email:

" (...) On 7/12/2017, you lodged the following applications/s for a departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP):..(..)

My super provider said that They haven't received any DASP application from the ATO.

How Can i get information of my application?

King regards,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @alexnar7

Welcome to the ATO Community.

Honestly, it's very difficult to tell you what is going on here, as there could be a few reasons your fund is saying they haven't recieieved you DASP.  This is one of those questions where you need a ATO staff member to look into your account for you (which can't be done via social media or ATO Community forum).

However - the following should guide you in the right direction to get some answers;

The service standard for processing a DASP claim is 28 days from the date you lodged your application, so your fund should have received the details by now. You mentioned this hasn't happened, so;

Check again with your fund since you last contacted them. If there's no sign of the DASP, email the ATO DASP team at DASPmail@ato.gov.au, and include your personal details and date of lodgement. (Note that the DASP team can take up to 28 days to respond to you due to the really large volume of emails and applications they receive).

Alternatively you can phone or Skype the ATO on +61 2 6216 1111. As you are calling from overseas, do a quick google check to make sure you are making contact between 8:00am and 5:00pm Australian time (AEST) Monday to Friday.

Thanks, Michael.

(ATO employee, here voluntarily).

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @alexnar7

Welcome to the ATO Community.

Honestly, it's very difficult to tell you what is going on here, as there could be a few reasons your fund is saying they haven't recieieved you DASP.  This is one of those questions where you need a ATO staff member to look into your account for you (which can't be done via social media or ATO Community forum).

However - the following should guide you in the right direction to get some answers;

The service standard for processing a DASP claim is 28 days from the date you lodged your application, so your fund should have received the details by now. You mentioned this hasn't happened, so;

Check again with your fund since you last contacted them. If there's no sign of the DASP, email the ATO DASP team at DASPmail@ato.gov.au, and include your personal details and date of lodgement. (Note that the DASP team can take up to 28 days to respond to you due to the really large volume of emails and applications they receive).

Alternatively you can phone or Skype the ATO on +61 2 6216 1111. As you are calling from overseas, do a quick google check to make sure you are making contact between 8:00am and 5:00pm Australian time (AEST) Monday to Friday.

Thanks, Michael.

(ATO employee, here voluntarily).