Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Refunds of SUPER by checks are not accepted in my country

Highlighted

Views 64

Replies 1

Hi guys I'm having an issue with the refunds they offer to me. They only give two choices by CHECKS, CHECKS are not accepted in my country by any financial institution they're not considered safe (so I feel it's a scam to obligate us to receive this we will never see the money) OR in an Australia bank account but I no longer live in Australia. (And you must be a resident of Australia to open an Australian bank account). 

Anyone managed to get other solutions? 

It worries me because they're very rigid about this options and this to me means I'll never see my money. 

Thank you so much for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Alex88888

Non-residents are able to open bank account with most banks in Australia, for example Commonwealth Bank allows non-residents not in the country to open an Australian bank account and so does NAB.

You will need to speak to your Super fund who is issuing the cheques for other options.

All the best!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Alex88888

Non-residents are able to open bank account with most banks in Australia, for example Commonwealth Bank allows non-residents not in the country to open an Australian bank account and so does NAB.

You will need to speak to your Super fund who is issuing the cheques for other options.

All the best!