• 225 Online
  • 15598 Members
  • 18281 Posts

ATO Community

Re: Rejected when I was trying to get back my super from my fund

Ask a question

This conversation has been closed. Please start a new thread.

I'm new

Views 296

Replies 1

Hello Community.

I was an international student in Australia for a while, Now I am asking my superannuation money to my super fund. But they said that they can not do it, because My name is different.

When I filled up the DAPS form I sent my name, BSB, bank number account, but they say that it's not the same,

They changed my name twice to a one that is not correct.  they changed a piece of my name,
example COlderon instead Calderon.
Even when I sent a letter from my bank app.

They said that I need some documents if I want to get fix my information but I have to pay for every certification. this is more expensive than my superannuation money  (It is less than 1000).

What can I do?

Thanks you so much for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @MaxwellCalderon

Sorry to hear this. Depending on how you apply for a DASP (online or paper form), the application process often relies on cross-checks of information held at;

• the ATO,
  • the visa office (Department of Home Affairs) and
  • your superannuation fund

Before applying for a DASP it's a good idea to contact your super fund and check thier requirements, and that your details are correct, as any mismatch can result in delays or rejected applications. 

It sounds like you’ve already applied for your DASP and run into some frustrations with different name details being held at your superannuation fund – they'll likely require this to be corrected before being able to finalise your payment, and certified documents may be the only way to proceed, despite how difficult/costly this can be from overseas.

I’d suggest you phone (or Skype) your super fund and discuss if there is any other options. If you find that the fund is not assisting or if you believe they have made administrative errors, you may consider lodging a formal complaint with the fund. If the super fund has not resolved the situation within 90 days, you may choose to contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) to discuss further at https://www.afca.org.au/

Hope this is sorted soon.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @MaxwellCalderon

Sorry to hear this. Depending on how you apply for a DASP (online or paper form), the application process often relies on cross-checks of information held at;

• the ATO,
  • the visa office (Department of Home Affairs) and
  • your superannuation fund

Before applying for a DASP it's a good idea to contact your super fund and check thier requirements, and that your details are correct, as any mismatch can result in delays or rejected applications. 

It sounds like you’ve already applied for your DASP and run into some frustrations with different name details being held at your superannuation fund – they'll likely require this to be corrected before being able to finalise your payment, and certified documents may be the only way to proceed, despite how difficult/costly this can be from overseas.

I’d suggest you phone (or Skype) your super fund and discuss if there is any other options. If you find that the fund is not assisting or if you believe they have made administrative errors, you may consider lodging a formal complaint with the fund. If the super fund has not resolved the situation within 90 days, you may choose to contact the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) to discuss further at https://www.afca.org.au/

Hope this is sorted soon.

Top Solution Authors