Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

SUPERANNUATION - DASP Confusion

I'm new

Views 224

Replies 1

Hello,

I am a former resident under the 457 Visa which expired in 2016.

I tried applying for my Super refund in August 2017 through DASP which was as a result of redirection from my myGov ato account, up to date, I haven't received my refund yet.

It is my understanding that one will only be able to submit an application if they are eligible to apply for DASP after confirmation by the Department of Home Affairs. In addition, if a TFN is provided, ATO's records will be searched to identify the Super fund(s) where one's superannuation benefits are being held or the monies might have been transefered to ATO, and if this is the case, the individual will be able to see their ATO held money.

In my case after I initiated the application process online on DASP, I was identified as being eligible for a super refund, instead DASP never displayed to me which Super fund(s) is holding my money, nor any ATO held money. What I was presented with was a form through which I filled some details that I could remember about the Super fund(s) which I believe was holding my money. Am assuming that by now, the funds would have been transferred to ATO as it has been years since I left.

My PaySlip used to read SGC - FUND Details Pending under SUPERANNUATION section, looking this up it meant that I hadn't nominated a super of my choice. I believe I met the Super guarantee (SG) eligibility criteria, thus payments towards the same were still made regardless, to the employer nominated (default) super fund.

I contacted my former employer to inquire if they were remitting money towards the same, they confirmed that they made the Super payments as required by law.

Can someone please help me locate my Super and facilitate the payment of the same to me.

Or can someone look at my tax record and advice me on the way forward or what might have happened to my super money.

Many thanks,

Lokong

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi lokong

Here's a link to information on ato.gov.au about finding lost and unclaimed super. This includes amounts held by funds or by the ATO.

There are details on that page of the information you'll need to provide to us. The more information you can provide the more likely it is that we'll be able to find super amounts for you.

Once you have details of the super amount you'll be able to lodge a DASP claim for it.

I'm an ATO employee voluntarily providing my time here

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi lokong

Here's a link to information on ato.gov.au about finding lost and unclaimed super. This includes amounts held by funds or by the ATO.

There are details on that page of the information you'll need to provide to us. The more information you can provide the more likely it is that we'll be able to find super amounts for you.

Once you have details of the super amount you'll be able to lodge a DASP claim for it.

I'm an ATO employee voluntarily providing my time here