Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Super and re-entry

Highlighted

Views 262

Replies 1

Hi 

I need a help regarding my super, I came Australia in 2012 on student visa then 457 and my visa expired on this march 2019 and I was decided to claim my super now. My question here I was planning to apply subclass189 (permanent residency) in couple of months. so I’ve seen some mixed opinions regarding that once we apply for super we are unable to work in Australia again and few opinions it might affect my upcoming visa  application as well. So i was confused, please help me out.

Thank you 

swamy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @swamy411

Welcome to our Community.

You can submit a departing Australia super payment (DASP) claim if you meet all of the eligibility criteria.

You can read more about the criteria by checking out the eligibility for DASP page on our website. From there you can also find out how to claim it and how it will be taxed.

There are no DASP rules that prevent you from returning to Australia to work.

You can get in touch with the Department of Home Affairs to find out whether there will be any issues with your future visa application.

We have a great Knowledge Base article on this. You should pay particular attention to the last question:

Guide to claiming your departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP) online - frequently asked q...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @swamy411

Welcome to our Community.

You can submit a departing Australia super payment (DASP) claim if you meet all of the eligibility criteria.

You can read more about the criteria by checking out the eligibility for DASP page on our website. From there you can also find out how to claim it and how it will be taxed.

There are no DASP rules that prevent you from returning to Australia to work.

You can get in touch with the Department of Home Affairs to find out whether there will be any issues with your future visa application.

We have a great Knowledge Base article on this. You should pay particular attention to the last question:

Guide to claiming your departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP) online - frequently asked q...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR