• 26890 Posts

ATO Community

Super

Ask a question
Highlighted

Views 59

Replies 1

Hie Nic
My student visa expired and Im on bridging visa E getting ready to leave.
I hope to apply for a permanent work visa in fiture offshore once I gain a bit of experience. Will claiming my super now affect my future visa?
The tax of 38% is a lot, is that real?
Thank you
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

TaxTime Support

Replies 0

Hi @Alice10

Welcome to our Community.

Submitting a departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP) application is a separate process to the permanent visa application process. Submitting a DASP application shouldn't impact future visa applications.

You can have a look at the departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP) page on our website for more information about how it works.

For more information about applying for a permanent visa, we suggest that you get in touch with the Department of Home Affairs.

The tax rate that you have quoted applied from July 2014 to June 2017 and is no longer applicable. The current tax rates range from nil to 65% depending on the component and visa type.

You can read about how DASP is taxed on our website.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

TaxTime Support

Replies 0

Hi @Alice10

Welcome to our Community.

Submitting a departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP) application is a separate process to the permanent visa application process. Submitting a DASP application shouldn't impact future visa applications.

You can have a look at the departing Australia superannuation payment (DASP) page on our website for more information about how it works.

For more information about applying for a permanent visa, we suggest that you get in touch with the Department of Home Affairs.

The tax rate that you have quoted applied from July 2014 to June 2017 and is no longer applicable. The current tax rates range from nil to 65% depending on the component and visa type.

You can read about how DASP is taxed on our website.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

Top Solution Authors